- Capital city: Melekeok
- Largest city: Koror
- Population: 20,956 (2011 estimate, ranked 218th)
- Size: 459 sq km (ranked 196th)
- Currency: United States dollar
- Independence: October 1, 1994 from the United States of America
- Current head of state: President Tommy Remengesau
- Official languages: English, Palauan
Palau is a country located in the Northern and Eastern Hemispheres, just north of the Equator in the tropics.
It is located east of the Philippines.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.